Wednesday, August 11, 2010

corset - it holds the figure erect

*









Now when I say I would've liked to be a Victorian lady I certainly don't mean I would've liked to be strapped with tight lacing and stiff corsets. I just want the part with the country house, tea in the rose garden and going to balls. But I guess every era has its beauty ideals and its women desperate to match them. And the romance of the corset lingers on... thanks god for lycra, hehe...
'cause hey, admit it...there is a little fetishist inside of you that kind of likes this...



pics 1,3,5,6 from lalacorsets.com - where you can learn more about the history of corsets and even buy some :)

4 comments:

  1. I have to tell you, I am Incredibly Happy that I never have to wear a corset in my life or remove ribs to get that Victorian figure! However, the Mainbocher corset photo by Horst is genius.

    xo Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. It looks so painful! But there is something in me that likes how a corset can enhance the figure like that... by the way, thank you so much for your kind comments on my blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe they did that to themselves! Would completely disform your body after years of wearing!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. i guess in those times all women were wearing corsets without even questioning the whole idea...but from what i read they didn't wear the stiff ones every day...only on special occasions like balls for example...

    @ erin - lovely photo, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...