Tuesday, August 24, 2010

10 current obsessions

1. Odd self portraits

Yes... I did quite a few actually. I have a whole series in mind... I'm not self obsessed, I swear...it's just that late at night when I usually start drawing I have no other model :P

2. Serial killers

This one is an evergreen obsession of mine, reignited by a visit to Oxford where I got a new book with rare pictures... I'm a walking encyclopedia when it comes to serial killers. I still don't know if that's good or bad...

3. English country houses

I can't get enough of them... I never miss a chance to visit one...and I just got a new book about English architectural styles to keep me going :) pic source

4. Victorian dolls

This one started by looking through a book for collectors in a charity shop. I am fascinated with all the details and period clothing. I made some drawings, maybe I'll post them later... pic source

5. Circus

And by that I mean daring acts, life on the road, freak shows, burlesque costumes... the whole atmosphere... like in the 'Imaginarium of doctor Parnassus' - pic source

6. Rose incense sticks

I'd like this smell to soak into every inch of my room... pic source

7. Sunflowers


I had a bouquet in my room for a few days and I started to understand Van Gogh's series - pic source

8. Weird animals

I love to watch documentaries about rare or unusual animals... I love knowing lots of peculiar details about them :D

9. Puzzles

Me and my sister bought 5 only in the last month... and I've got a new puzzle mat too! This is what I've been doing all day today actually :D pic source

10. Baggy jeans


Yeah, well... they're just comfortable! But I hope I'm gonna get over this one pretty soon... pic source


So this is pretty much what keeps me busy all day, or the things I want to get back to all the time. I somewhat hope that posting them here is gonna have some sort of cathartic effect... Do you have any current sticky obsession, something you can't seem to get enough of?


6 comments:

  1. Some of those weird animals are really cute, actually. I love English Country Houses as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dresses from the 50's, lace curtains, vampires, cheese, cats, photoshop, cola, shoes (neverending this one), candles & books!

    Like your list as well, have a lovely Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cola as well! haha...guilty pleasure

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super autoportretul! N-am incercat niciodata,dar n-ar strica. :) Ma bucur ca mi-ai gasit blogul!In felul asta am dat si eu de o persoana,care la prima vedere(a blogului :D) mi se pare deosebita.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a good list! I think I should blog something like this too. I do have a number of "obsessions" but more often than not, my head rules than my heart. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...