Monday, June 7, 2010

type and go

*
Type the Sky by Lisa Rienermann is an alphabet formed of shapes buildings make against the sky when photographed from below. According to the original post on German typographic blog Slanted the alphabet was created by Rienermann while studying at the University of Duisburg-Essen.


“It began with the Q,” she tells Slanted. “I was in a kind of courtyard in Barcelona. I looked upward and saw houses, the blue sky and clouds. The more I looked, I saw that the houses formed a letter Q.” She then set out to find more letter forms, spending weeks only looking upwards. The more difficult letters such as Q and K were the easiest to find, she says, but admits that PhotoShop helped here and there.


I love them especially because wherever I am I like to look up and notice all the details that you normally wouldn't on a fast walk down the street.

****************

Next is ABChairs by Roeland Otten. He has designed a collection of 26 chairs, each spelling out one letter of the alphabet.
Called ABChairs, the seats can be arranged to form words. Made out of plastic, very light and affordable the designer sees a great future for these chairs, suitable for cool interiors as well as outdoor furniture, kids rooms or libraries and schools.
I'd love some in my living room!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...